"In a survey of 700 men and women over 55, those who chose childlessness were just as happy as parents with good relationships with their children, and happier than those parents who described their relationships as distant."
--BellaOnline's Married No Kids Website
Childproofing the World Hall of Shame
Instead of providing their children with personal guidence and direction, many irresponsible parents prefer the lazier option of childproofing the entire world. The widespread availability of inexpensive or free personal filtering software and the enabling of parental locks on adult cable channels makes this easier than ever. Instilling a sense of integrity and honor in one's children is the cornerstone of good parenting and parents to busy to promote frank discussion of sensitive topics as well as to safeguard their children from the dangers of the world are probably too busy to be the effective, mindful parents all children deserve.
This video store chain refuses to stock NC-17 movies. The NC-17 rating was designed for movies that have mature content but are not pornographic in intent. NC-17 (and R) rated movies are meant to be seen by people over the age of 17 and parents, movie theatre owners, and video store owners need to personally restrict viewing of these films to people of legal age without denying access to the informed adult public.
- The Christian Coalition
- Hollywood Shines Spotlight on Censoring Software
Artistic integrity anyone?
- Movie Mask
Link to a company that makes video altering software that edits out "objectionable" content from Hollywood films.
- National Coalition for the Protection of Children and Families
The Good Guys
- American Booksellers Foundation for Free Expression
- American Civil Liberties Union
- American Library Association Office for Intellectual Freedom
- Banned Books On-Line
- Bonfire of Liberties
- Burning Issues
- The Censorware Project
- Digital Freedom Network
- Declan McCullagh's Fight Censorship Mailing List Archive
- Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Electronic Frontier Canada
- Feminists Against Censorship
- Free Expression Clearing House
- Index on Censorship
- Internet Free Expression Alliance
- National Coalition Against Censorship
- PEN American Center
- The Thomas Jefferson Center for the Protection of Free Expression
- Read this Essay on The Family Values Charade